Monday, June 25, 2012

Is there Life in Singapore without a Corporate Job?

So far, I have been creating and shipping things based on what customers want. So far although it has only been 6 weeks, I feel like it has been an entirety.


Honestly, I have not been getting much traction from the people that I have written to or have I sold anything for my two businesses as yet. One may say that I am being impatient but maybe it is right for this generation that we live in, where we expect at least some form of feedback - positive or negative.


For my online pet business, I know that there are people looking at the products - there are even repeat visitors - it is just that no one is buying and I am wondering if it is because of price or design but I am not getting any feedback so that I can adjust the price or the design accordingly. 


So is there any life in Singapore without a corporate job? Presently, I can say no. Without a corporate job unless you have already established a blog for yourself where you have a certain amount of income generated or already established a side stream of income through various options available in the market eg stocks, books, presentations, talks etc life is tough in Singapore without a corporate job.


No one seems willing to help the new start-up business, there are plenty who can dispense advice on what needs to be done but no one has extended that friendly hand to say "Come, let me work together with you so that you can have a head-start on your business or here are some contacts you can call and they would be able to refer some business to you". Maybe that is why my business is called a start-up.


Maybe it is the naive me that still believes should I able to demonstrate one can survive without a corporate job in Singapore, I will definitely extend my hand to someone who needs it but till that day, anyone willing to extend a hand to me or refer some contacts to me so that I can at least make a sale on my online pet business?

No comments:

Post a Comment